Skip to main content

Am I enough?

     “Am I enough?”  This question plagues my day to day.  Every time I take on some new and daunting task, a series of questions that all come back to this plague my mind.  If I let it, the fear paralyzes me and I stop.  I never move any further.  I have to be willing to accept that I alone am not enough.  It is only then that I am able to move forward.  You see, for me, the truth is ingrained in my faith—I alone am not enough.  I can only get through the (at times seemingly absurd) tasks I have been called to if I trust in Christ to carry me through them.  2nd Corinthians 12: 9-10 tells us "And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.”

My days are often crazier and more chaotic than I ever envisioned them to be.  With four small children, there is always something crazy happening. For example, today I blew up an inflatable pool so I could sit on my porch and write while the little ones played happily.  Instead, as soon as we got the pool inflated, the littlest one grabbed the garden hose and doused me from head to toe!  As soon as we got the pool filled and her in her swimsuit, she decided she wasn’t actually interested in swimming and asked to walk the dog.  I shook my head, sighed, and said “OK” and we went for a nice walk and my writing was held off until later.  That alone is just the tiniest hiccup in my world though. 

I am currently swimming in a world of uncertainties.  My husband, who has been a landscaper for the last decade, is currently struggling to walk due to severe sciatica that was not alleviated with a back surgery that had a 95% success rate for patients his age.  Our finances are up in the air and yet I feel, undoubtedly, called to continue homeschooling this year.  This will be my first year homeschooling all three children at higher levels (my third child did 4 year old preschool last year, but that is really not all that intensive) and my 10 daughter has asked for a more intensive math program this year.  I find myself forced to address the concern that I alone am certainly not enough, however, I also believe that God himself cares enough about even the tiniest details in my life to ensure that if I am following His plans for me, he will help me succeed.  

        God promises us, “even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you” (Isaiah 46:4).  We can be certain that even in the times we feel like we cannot do whatever it is we are called to do, God will ensure that there is a way we can carry His good work to completion.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEDDING CRASHER Fit For A Queen Are you engaged?!? Then this never-done-before event is for YOU!! Attend a REAL wedding, see REAL vendors, and get a REAL swag bag full of amazing discounts to make your wedding PERFECT--including a special gift from ME!!! Here's my special discount code to give you 25% off your ticket!! You don't want to miss out!! CODE: fitforaqueen Event Info & Purchase Tickets
Well hello there sweet thing!  I’ve never had such an in depth first trimester anatomy scan before. It was really cool seeing baby!  Can you believe they are this whole and complete at only 3 months gestation!  Every organ is at least partially formed, the sweet little eyes are hidden under eyelids, the tiny little nose is forming, as well as the mouth and even tiniest little tooth buds!!  Baby looks great! I still have a fairly significant subchorionic hematoma which is cause for concern, but my doctor is optimistic that things will go well!  Please pray that this resolves itself quickly! Taking it easy is not my strong point!  I love being active, doing things with the kids, getting outside, etc etc!  That has not consistently happened in two months at this point, and today I can feel it wearing on all of us...especially in my kiddos antsy-ness!  (I half blame the weather, typically I would just send them outside at this point!) Regardless though, it has been a bit of a blessin

How Do I Homeschool with a Toddler at home?

I still can't imagine being thrown into homeschooling so quickly. I know I've said this before, but I personally needed the time to prepare. I'm a creative soul, and schedules do NOT come naturally to me, so I was so incredibly grateful to learn from my preschooler homeschool curriculum how to schedule the days for my youngest so that I could do it well! I just got off the phone with the owner of the My Father's World curriculum and he gave me permission to share some of it with you to help you adjust to your new way of life as well! I set up Brayden’s mornings like this so he will play happily & feel included while I homeschool the older kids (and of course, I include him in the schooling as possible as well). I treat his activities as though they as just as important as big kid school so he does them diligently and put them away in boxes after so they are special so he loves them while they are out. Once Avery finishes his K4 schedule he joins Brayden in t